Here’s the Terror Danjah interview from http://www.thewickedbass.com/ in English
Also the audio of the show via mixcloud http://www.mixcloud.com/Noizar/wicked-bass-radioshow-terror-danjah-13042011/
- explain us what is it all about grime nowadays? is it still a underground music? can you describe it’s popularity in UK comparing to dubstep?
Grime and Dubstep are siblings, they go hand in hand. Grime has a lot of the Mc’s in the national pop chart for example, Tinie Tempah, Dizzee Rascal, Chipmunk etc. But the Grime producers didn’t get the same success as the MC’s. Its only since Hyperdub, Planet Mu, Butterz & Hardrive are pushing the instrumental side of Grime.
- what’s your behaviour to hip hop and house influences? is it necessary to make ‘hybrid’ music to be successful?
I think so, its always good to experiment, it keeps thing interesting.
- few month passed since your last release with Joker so are you working on any remixes/EP’s/album at the moment?
Just released ‘Anger Management’ by Grime Don ‘P Jam’ on my imprint Hardrive, Also on my label Hardrive I’m releasing Funky and Bass Prince Champion’s ‘Motherboard EP’ which features club smash ‘Lose Control’. Also release Mz Bratt’s ‘Selecta’ remixes by ‘Bok Bok’ and ‘Royal T’ and also a free single download from ‘Lex NV’ at www.hardriverecords.net
- do you know anything about grime producers outside UK? what’s the difference betwen them and native beat-makers?
There ain’t really any Grime producer that I’m aware outside the UK, they coin themselves Dubstep, for the obvious reason that Dubstep is more internationally know but I’m here to change that lol!
- what do you like except of grime? your behaviour to juke/footwork?
I like Neo soul!
- where did you get that cackle signature?
From a Jungle sample, I started using it as just a normal sfx, then when I stop using it, people said “wheres that laugh thingy gone, put back in your tracks”.
- top-5 tracks in your current tracklist
1) East Village - Terror Danjah
2) Orangeade - Royal T
3) Missing Step - D.O.K
4) Lose Control - Champion
5) Mood Swings - Swindle
- your favorite MC’s
D Double E
- whom to watch in 2011? your experienced forecast for the scene. should we wait for the future/post-grime music and if yes what will it sound like?
I would say D.O.K, Royal T, P Jam, Champion, P Money, Ky Oshi, Elijah & Skilliam. I say the future of Grime is the Butterz and Hardrive label!
- we will be much pleased if you come to Kiev with a dj set in a nearest future, by the way have you ever been to Eastern Europe before?
I would definitely love to dj in Kiev. I have played in Eastern Europe, I’ve played at Kracow in Poland last year October at Unsound festival, also at Kapital Bass in Moscow, Russia
- thanks a lot for this nice conversation, and for the last can you say a few words for our readers and fans of Terror Danjah? (t’ll be a big honour for everyone here if you write smth in cyrillc though it’s up to you :) )
Big Up at Wicked Bass, shout out to everyone whos heard, bought my music,and came to my dj sets and partied with me, much love. Check out www.hardriverecords.net for latest info and releases and www.terrordanjah.com